1. Schools and daycare centers that have been operating under the mask mandate recommend that parents send 2-3 masks to school PER DAY.
2. Have your child practice wearing their mask for up to 2 hours at a time. We plan to take lots of "mask breaks" outdoors, but there will be times when a mask is required for the duration of 2+ hours, when students are in the building.
3. Personalize it! Use fabric markers to label masks with your child's name. Stickers or permanent markers work well for labeling the top of the Badger+ Shields, just make sure the name/design doesn't cover your child's face.
4. Pick the style that works best for your child. There are several styles of masks to choose from. Ensuring your child is comfortable in their mask is key. Recent studies are indicating that certain fabrics used for making the neck gaiter style masks are not effective. Please do your research in determining which is the best choice for your family.
5. Create a routine at home for washing and returning masks to school each day.